I have spent some time looking around the net after hearing people like Cass Sunstein, Bruce Ackerman, John Podesta, Warren Berger, Harry S. Ashmore, Robert M. Hutchins, Rex Tugwell along with others are actively writing a “new constitution”. Below are some of the changes they have made…
In Santa Barbara, California, the Center for the Study of Democratic Institutions has drafted a better U.S. Constitution:
- Rex Tugwell, former member of Roosevelt’s “brain trust.”
- Robert M. Hutchins, chairman.
- Harry S. Ashmore, senior Fellow of the center.
- Warren Berger (opposed to trial by jury).
This new version:
- 20 or less “republics” instead of 50 states.
- a stronger Presidency and federal powers, instead of individual sovereign states.
- 6 branches instead of 3.
- No more Supreme Court, weaker judicial powers.
- President serves 1 nine year term only.
- 2 Vice Presidents instead of 1.
- No more Bill of Rights, but many of the same fundamental safeguards.
- Instead of 2/3 vote of Congress to amend the Constitution, amendments would be proposed by a council of judges approved by the President and Senate, and ratified by a majority in a national election.
- After 5 presidential terms the entire Constitution may be rewritten and submitted and ratified by a majority in a national election.
I don’t know about you but this is not how WE THE PEOPLE amend the U.S. Constitution and I will not allow anyone to throw out the Constitution with out a lot of resistance and/or bloodshed…