Gallup poll: a mere 2.5 percent of the U.S. population is homosexual


I have had people argue rabidly that the homosexual population was 25% and growing…now maybe they will understand that 2% to 4% is forcing a sexual behavior on the other 96%-98%

U.S. Adults Overestimate Homosexual Population by As Much As Tenfold
Thursday, June 02, 2011
By Andrew Herzog

gay marriage, homosexual, GLBT

Same-sex marriage supporters celebrate a federal judge’s decision overturning California’s same-sex marriage ban on Wednesday, Aug. 4, 2010, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)

(CNSNews.com) –While a recent Gallup poll showed that U.S. adults, on average, think homosexuals make up about 25 percent of the entire population, official data reveal that gays and lesbians comprise between 2 percent and 4 percent of the population.

In a May 5-8 telephone survey, Gallup asked more than 1,000 U.S. adults in all 50 states: “Just your best guess, what percent of Americans today would you say are gay or lesbian?”

The adults polled estimated that 25 percent – one quarter of all Americans – are gay or lesbian.

According to Gallup, over half of Americans (52 percent) said that at least one in five Americans is homosexual, and 35 percent estimated more than one in four. Only 30 percent estimated under 15 percent.

However, official estimates of the homosexual population range from 2 to 4 percent – well under the 25 percent “guesstimate.”

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, which began asking questions about same-sex household information in the 1990 Census, only 581,300 individuals were part of a same-sex household in 2009. That’s less than one-half of one percent (0.5 percent) of the 307 million people living in the U.S. in 2009.

Furthermore, data from the Census Bureau’s 2010 Demographic Profile shows that “same-sex spouses” accounted for a mere 2.5 percent of the U.S. population, which is nearly 8 million people out of the total 309 million Americans.

Read more: http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/us-adults-overestimate-homosexual-popula

About a12iggymom

Conservative - Christian - Patriot
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.