Imagine a stranger knocking on the door and handing you a receipt. She’s decided to abort her baby and wants you to pay for it. Under the President’s policy, refusal is not an option. If you’re enrolled in a health care plan that includes abortion–you’ll be paying for the procedure whether you want to or not. How can it be “pro-choice” when there is no choice for people who object? Good question. One that more leaders are starting to ask. In the last few months, several states have rushed legislation to the floor to stop the administration’s abortion premium from coming to their borders. At least 15 of them have passed (and another 12 have introduced) bills that protect insurance companies that don’t want to offer abortion coverage from being required to.
Washington State, on the other hand, was headed in the opposite direction. There, the House pushed a measure, which, like the federal government’s new rules, would have ordered insurance plans to pick up the tab for abortions. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) was one of the bill’s many opponents. In a letter to President Obama, she warned that the policy had “far reaching and alarming consequences” for the “unborn lives of the next generation.” “The state of Washington,” she wrote, “or any state… that receives federal funds is prohibited from mandating that insurance plans cover abortion…”
After squeaking through the Washington House 52-46, the debate shifted to Olympia’s state senate, where leaders felt pressure from pro-life voters to kill the bill. This week, they managed to do exactly that. After a long and drawn out budget battle, the state senate abruptly adjourned–but not before Republicans and three Democrats blocked the bill from hitting the floor. For the President, almost three thousand miles away, the defeat should sting. Even in a Left of center state, voters reject his abortion-as-health-care mentality. In a predominately liberal state like Washington, one of the four that legalized abortion before Roe v. Wade, the President’s policy should have been a slam dunk. But John Geis, who, along with the rest of the Family Policy Institute of Washington, helped dash the Left’s agenda, said that people understood what was at stake. “It violates the constitutional rights of citizens to freely practice their religion and their freedom of conscience.”
Operation American Spring – May 16, 2014
Operation American Spring – May 16, 2014
- FPM: Holder’s Lynch Mob in Ferguson – Damn the evidence. Full speed ahead.
- Inane liberal threat: give illegals amnesty or they’ll become terrorists – Allen B. West – AllenBWest.com
- The Inauguration of Police State USA. Towards a Democratic Dictatorship?
- Perversion: Jubilant ISIS Jihadist Announces His “Marriage” To Terrified 7-Year-Old Girl
- ‘Wasn’t Obama going to make tuition free?’ Students ask wealthy celebs to take the #PayMyTuitionChallenge
- ‘Dumbest things he’s ever said!’ Imagine Harry Reid’s reaction if a GOPer told these Asian ‘jokes’
- Despite pronouncements from Obama, Kerry and Saudi Grand Mufti, ISIS atrocities are 100% justified in Islam
- The Islamic State IS ~ What the Media Doesn’t Tell you – Part II ~ Beheadings
- $40M for ALS from Ice Bucket Challenges
- Lawsuit Filed to Halt BLM’s Scheduled Wild Horse Roundup on the Wyoming Checkerboard
- BLM’s National Wild Horse & Burro Advisory Board Meeting in Riverton, Wyoming Aug. 25th
- Anderson Cooper Accidentally Tweets Mindset Of Ferguson Community Protestors – Why Won’t Police Offer Just One Cop For A Sacrifice…
- A subtle message to ISIS
- Alleged, Anonymous Ferguson Testimony Corroborating Darren Wilson in Shooting of Mike Brown
- Smart Meter Companies Admit: We’re Spying On You
- GAO: Pentagon violated law with Bergdahl swap
- Seattle Muslim “on a jihad to kill Americans” prime suspect in four murder cases
- Former CIA Deputy Director Mike Morell: ‘I would not be surprised’ if ISIS member showed up in a mall with AK47
- Ebola Survivor: ‘Today Is a Miraculous Day’
- Christian Worldview And Issues: The War On Christian Education Is About To Get Ugly
- MRC: Networks Refuse to Mention Latest Fast and Furious Development
- President Obama Knew of ISIS’ Threat to Behead Foley
- Help Us Stop This Clock! The clock is ticking… How many more days of paid vacation will Sharon Helman get for killing 40+ Veterans?
- Michael Brown’s Wounds, Posture When Shot + Pictures of Reggie White Running to Tackle
- Judge Orders DOJ To Turn Over Documents On Fast & Furious – Obama Admin Blames A gents
- TheBlackShpere: Dorian Johnson filed a false police report
- Attorney For Ferguson Market: NO ONE From His Store Called 911 To Report Cigar Theft – Customer Called
- Ferguson P.D. Now Trying To Pin Robbery On Michael Brown. This Should Go Well. (Updated)
- St. Louis Police Release Video Of Kajieme Powell Killing That Appears At Odds With Their Story
- Democrat Governor: ‘ We’re Going to Lynch This White Cop’
- Democrats set up voter registration in front of Mike Brown memorial
- ‘Depraved': Let’s compare David Cameron’s response to Foley beheading to Obama’s (It’s enraging)
- Megyn Kelly gets pissed when her coverage about a slain American was interrupted for Ferguson news
- TheBlackSphere: Dorian Johnson recants statement in shooting?
- Bush takes Ice Bucket Challenge
- FPM: Beaten to Death at McDonald’s
- FPM: The End of the “Michael Brown Shot From Behind” Myth: Dr. Baden’s autopsy makes impossible a racist Left’s narrative
- Palestinians bear blame
- THANKS A LOT GOV. CUOMO, MORE JOBS LEAVING NYS: XEROX PLANS TO CUT 123 JOBS IN WEBSTER
- Race for governor gets busy Tuesday: Campaign trail includes push for Women’s Equality Party
- VIDEO: This Could be a Game Changer in the Mike Brown Case; But Will Eric Holder Ignore It?
- FPM: Black Flag in Jersey: A Jihadist Identifier Camouflaged: Does the flag of ISIS really not mean anything?
- FPM: The Hell That Is the Obama White House
- O’Reilly: FBI Stats Prove Blacks Almost Never Shot By Cops, ‘It Doesn’t Happen’ – – Those Who Say It Does ‘Are Lying’ « Pat Dollard
- Israel: God’s Timepiece – The Subtle Attempt To Take Israel Out Of The Bible
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) Says Pro-Gun Demonstrations ‘Need to Be Canceled’
- Thanks a lot Governor Cuomo: 105 to be laid off at Remington Arms in Ilion, N.Y.
- Report: More Than a Dozen Witnesses Have Corroborated Officer Darren Wilson’s Version of Ferguson Shooting
- Caliphate of Fear: The Curse of the Islamic State
- BlackSphere: Shocking allegations about why Michael Brown shot
- 542,548 hits
Operation American Spring - http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/forum/topics/operation-american-spring-washington-d-c-in-the-cross-hairs-the
No upcoming events
Be a Mosquebuster – grab a button for your website