Imagine a stranger knocking on the door and handing you a receipt. She’s decided to abort her baby and wants you to pay for it. Under the President’s policy, refusal is not an option. If you’re enrolled in a health care plan that includes abortion–you’ll be paying for the procedure whether you want to or not. How can it be “pro-choice” when there is no choice for people who object? Good question. One that more leaders are starting to ask. In the last few months, several states have rushed legislation to the floor to stop the administration’s abortion premium from coming to their borders. At least 15 of them have passed (and another 12 have introduced) bills that protect insurance companies that don’t want to offer abortion coverage from being required to.
Washington State, on the other hand, was headed in the opposite direction. There, the House pushed a measure, which, like the federal government’s new rules, would have ordered insurance plans to pick up the tab for abortions. U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.) was one of the bill’s many opponents. In a letter to President Obama, she warned that the policy had “far reaching and alarming consequences” for the “unborn lives of the next generation.” “The state of Washington,” she wrote, “or any state… that receives federal funds is prohibited from mandating that insurance plans cover abortion…”
After squeaking through the Washington House 52-46, the debate shifted to Olympia’s state senate, where leaders felt pressure from pro-life voters to kill the bill. This week, they managed to do exactly that. After a long and drawn out budget battle, the state senate abruptly adjourned–but not before Republicans and three Democrats blocked the bill from hitting the floor. For the President, almost three thousand miles away, the defeat should sting. Even in a Left of center state, voters reject his abortion-as-health-care mentality. In a predominately liberal state like Washington, one of the four that legalized abortion before Roe v. Wade, the President’s policy should have been a slam dunk. But John Geis, who, along with the rest of the Family Policy Institute of Washington, helped dash the Left’s agenda, said that people understood what was at stake. “It violates the constitutional rights of citizens to freely practice their religion and their freedom of conscience.”
Operation American Spring – May 16, 2014
Operation American Spring – May 16, 2014
- Why Was @ChrisMurphyCT (Senator Chris Murphy, CT Democrat) In Ukraine Inciting Riot? And, Now Demanding Intervention?
- CHS: Why Is Our Government (and Deep State) So Incompetent? Mar10
- New York: 25 years for Muslim who killed wife, stabbing her 30+ times in neck
- The Mama Grizzley’s Still Got It: Sarah Palin Rocks #CPAC2014 VIDEO
- Kay Hagan’s Brave Fight Against Citizen’s United
- Snopes NO MORE The Self-proclaimed Debunker Of Urban Legend has been debunked
- Do Not Like…
- Obamacare: Union report claims workers will lose up to $5 an hour in wages due to the increase in premiums
- Logan’s Warning: My Interview on Christian Defence League Radio!
- Unveiling the NEW North American Infidel Motto and Logo!!
- Bill that would MANDATE that ALL NY Children provide a Health Certificate proving they had passed a Psychological Examination before they could attend NY Public Schools
- CT Cop to Gun Owning Patriot: “I Cannot Wait to Get the Order to Kick Your Door In”
- MN GOP Endorses Muslim/Somali for office; TRUE enabling
- CPAC’s (and RNC’s!) Muslim Brotherhood Problem
- Guandolo: What is CAIR & Where does its money come from?
- JP Morgan Chase Cuts Off Sharia-Compliant Banks!
- THE END OF AMERICA 2014-2016: “IT’S WORSE THAN YOU KNOW”
- VIDEO: Gov. Rick Perry Fires Up CPAC Crowd (Plus 2 More)
- Pastor auctioning AR-15 rifle
- Rise Of Islam ~ Facebook “Likes” Jihad
- Will Lois Lerner Be Held in Contempt?
- MRC Alert: NBC and CBS See IRS Investigation Hitting ‘Dead End’ After Democratic Outburst; ABC Still Ignores
- RESPET??? NO WONDER NATIONS HAVE NONE FOR HIM! Obama bobbles spelling of R-E-S-P-E-C-T
- Time to wake up and here is just the thing to do it!
- Kim Jong-un Calls for Execution of 33 Christians
- Rochester, NY: Gas prices on the rise
- Iranian general: Obama’s threats are ‘the joke of the year’
- ISLAM IS WAR!
- Yeah, lets legalize drugs! Surge in babies born without brains in Washington State
- UK: Muslims Account For 4% Of British Population, Yet Are 200 Times More Likely To Commit Sex Crimes
- DTG’s Updated 10 Week Plan to Prepare for the Worst Case Scenario for Beginners
- FEDERAL JUDGE SPEAKS TREASON
- Loganswarning: Brave Brits hit the Streets to Counter Sharia Patrols! Britain First!
- Iran: We Are Prepared For A Decisive War Against America And Israel, We Have Been ‘Making Plans’
- Greenpeace co-founder says there is no proof climate change is man-made, compares the movement to a “religious cult”
- Son of God: The Movie You Don’t Even Have to See Once
- FPM: Obama Enters Putin’s World & The Only World Leader Who Fears American Power Is Obama
- Blood Moons Documentary DVD – Mark Biltz
- SAFE Act : 17 counties tell Albany to stop using their seals on SAFE Act papers
- Iranian Student Caught Making Bombs at Georgia Tech
- MMN: DOJ to Announce Expansion to Gun Background Checks
- Graham’s Gotta Go!!! Sen. Graham: When Obama Threatens Putin, ‘Everybody’s Eyes Roll’
- Creeping Sharia: Colorado: Fort Collins now marked by 70-foot minaret at new mosque
- Another week, another city, another mosque: Ft Collins, CO
- Homosexual Agenda in Schools and on TV Run Amok!!! Middle School Girls Forced to Ask Classmates for ‘Lesbian Kiss’ During Anti-Bullying Presentation
- CHILDRENS NETWORK LAUNCHES TRANSSEXUAL SUPERHERO SHOW
- Google “freaking out” over court ruling
- Loganswarning: Koran From Saudi Arabia & Prayer rug Turn up in NYC Church
- Buppert: The Growing Murder Culture of Cops – Part IV by disturbeddeputy
- No Justification….
- 518,638 hits
Operation American Spring - http://patriotsforamerica.ning.com/forum/topics/operation-american-spring-washington-d-c-in-the-cross-hairs-the
No upcoming events
Be a Mosquebuster – grab a button for your website