From: The Watcher’s Council
The votes have been cast, the sacred runes read and this week’s Watcher’s Council results are history.
Early Spring brings many beautiful things with it. One thing it brings that is downright ugly is a spate of ‘Israel Apartheid Week’ programs on many of America’s campuses, a veritable orgy of Jew hatred.
This week, my fellow Council members gave my piece Eyes Wide Shut – Dealing With ‘Anti-Zionism’ On Campus over at Joshuapundit the honors. It was something originally sparked by an article by Dr. Charles Jacobs in Boston’s Jewish Advocate entitled “Why the Jews are Losing the Battle for the Campus” in which he reflects on the changing climate towards Jews and Israel on many of America’s college campuses. As I pointed out, the two are intimately related, and I took Dr. Jacobs piece a bit further by going into the root cause and suggesting a proven way of dealing with it. Here’s a slice:
Think about it – right now, as ‘Israel Apartheid Week’ goes into full gear on campuses across the country. Just how do you think Black students would react to an on-Campus, university sanctioned event by the Aryan nation or the Klu Klux Klan? Black students have earned respect and ultra-sensitivity to their concerns because they are more than willing to go to the barricades and make your average university rue the day they ever thought about sponsoring that kind of racism.
For the most part, no one at these university is afraid in the least of how Jews at their campuses might react to the racism known as ‘anti-Zionism’. For one thing, they’re aware from experience that there are far too many self-hating Jews willing to prove their Leftist bonafides by taking sides against their own people. Experience has also shown them that the typical Jewish response even to the most blatant Jew hatred on campus has been, at worst, puerile requests for ‘dialogue’ or the setting up of a few card tables to pass out leaflets.
‘Anti-Zionism’ is not a subject to be dealt with by debate or even education, for the most part. To approach it on that level gives it dignity as serious point of view worthy of discussion, rather than the contempt it deserves.
‘Anti-Zionism’ is the kinky new version of an old, old product – and now, you can get fashion accessories like a kefiyah or a snappy tee shirt to go with it. It involves the denial of self-determination to Jews and Jews only and their dehumanization as apes and pigs, exactly as it says in the Qu’ran. Scratch an ‘anti-Zionist’ and you will almost always find a Jew hater, or a pathetic, deluded Jew mired deep in Stockholm Syndrome.
Our father’s generation knew how to handle Jew hatred much more effectively, perhaps because their generation was far closer to a time when the world essentially turned its back while millions of Jews were slaughtered without even the dignity or amenities commonly afforded animals.
They learned the hard way that people will take the easy way out by giving verbal and even physical assaults on Jews a pass, especially when they are ideologically sympathetic to the perpetrators – unless there’s a price tag for doing so by making it a lot more trouble than it’s worth for its enablers in academia.
Until America’s Jews relearn and act on that lesson and realize that ‘anti-Zionism’ doesn’t stop with Israel, the poisonous climate in today’s universities isn’t just going to continue – it’s going to get far worse.
Our non-Council winner was the one and only Iowahawk for Longhorns 17, Badgers 1. While Iowahawk is justifiably known for his world class satire, this time…well in his own words, “…every so often a member of the chattering class issues a nugget of stupidity so egregious that no amount of mockery will suffice. Particularly when the issuer of said stupidity holds a Nobel Prize.”
The Nobel Prize winner in question is Pravda-on-the-Hudson’s own ‘economist’ Paul Krugman and Iowahawk absolutely owns him and masterfully so.
Here are this week’s full results. Only New Zeal was unable to vote and suffered the 2/3 vote penalty, but it did not affect the overall results:
- *First place with 2 1/3 votes! – Joshuapundit – Eyes Wide Shut – Dealing With ‘Anti-Zionism’ On Campus
- Second Place with 1 2/3 Votes -The Noisy Room – Imperial Islam – Prepping for a Worldwide Caliphate
- Third place with 1 1/3 votes – Right Truth – Hyphenated Americans the Real Problem
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – VA Right – Pedophilia a ‘Sexual Orientation’ Experts Tell Parliament
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – The Political Commentator – The need for some international cojones in Libya!
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Bookworm Room – You know what happens if you don’t get government money? Sudden attacks of efficiency.
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Snapped Shot – On Guided Government Tours
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – The Razor – On the Front Lines of America’s Hidden Drug Problem
- Fifth place *t* with 2/3 vote – Rhymes With Right – A Proposal On Mandatory Public Sector Unionism And Union Political Activity
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – The Colossus Of Rhodey – I detest anti-Semites more than most, probably
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD – The Black Watch
- First place with 3 1/3 votes! – Iowahawk – Longhorns 17, Badgers 1 submitted by The Glittering Eye
- Second place with 2 2/3 votes – Daily Caller – Radical Islamists condemn hearings into radical Islamists submitted by GrEaT sAtAn”S gIrLfRiEnD
- Third Place with 2 1/3 votes – ME Forum/Raymond Ibrahim – Caliphate, Jihad, Sharia: Now What? submitted by Joshuapundit
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – Flopping Aces – 2008 Financial Terrorism – Conspiracy or part of The Perfect Storm? (Phases 1 and 2) submitted by The Noisy Room
- Fourth place *t* with 1 vote – RedState – Blame the Democrats for High Gas Prices submitted by Rhymes With Right
- Fifth place with 2/3 votes – I Hate The Media – What once was: Photos of Afghanistan as a vibrant Western society submitted by Snapped Shot
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Seraphic Secrets – Burning Brigitte Bardot submitted by The Watcher
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Dalad Amos – Egypt Welcomes Accused War Criminal submitted by Simply Jews
- Sixth place *t* with 1/3 vote – Right Side News – Chicago’s Real Crime Story submitted by The Political Commentator
See you next week!